FileMaker is one of the most popular database management systems for Mac OS X operating system. FileMaker database is very easy to manage and work on. It uses a layout, which works as a framework, which is used to design a database. However, there are some situations where layout objects or entire layout gets damaged and you encounter data loss. In such cases, you need to opt for FileMaker Repair solutions.
You can understand or identify the layout object or layout corruption issues with any of the following scenarios:
- While accessing the database, it frequently crashes of hangs.
- If you try to switch to a layout, FileMaker Pro database becomes inaccessible.
- You cannot updated or edit the database records. It crashes the application.
When database layout gets damaged, the entire database becomes inaccessible and requires FileMaker Pro recovery to be fixed.
You can fix the corrupted layout or layout objects by deleting the layout and moving the data to a new layout. Try out the following steps to delete a FileMaker database layout:
- Switch to the Layout mode in another FileMaker layout.
- Scroll the window to right edge of the screen or to bottom of the screen outside the positions where layout objects are visible on the corrupted layout.
- Switch to corrupted layout. Because the damaged objects are not on the screen, your system should not stop responding.
- Once you switch to the corrupted layout, delete it.
If you are unable to switch to the corrupted layout and remove the layout, then your database remains inaccessible. In order to deal with such situations, you should restore the database from an updated backup.
In case the backup is not available, you need to opt for advanced database recovery mechanisms using the third-party recovery applications. FileMaker database recovery software are capable of providing safe and easy recovery in all cases of corruption.
FileMaker is a reliable and efficient Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) for Mac OS X operating system based computers. It effectively stores your data in the database tables and creates records, which you can list down and access easily. However, under some situations, you may find that the database records are difficult to access and are freezing while accessing. This situation usually caused by corruption to the database and needs FileMaker Recovery to be sorted out.
In order to understand this problem more easily, you can consider the following situations that occurs while accessing the FileMaker database:
- When you scroll through the database records, with View as List or without View as List, your Mac machine stops responding.
- While opening a specific record, the application freezes and crashes. The problem occurs every time you try to access some particular records.
- When you try to recover the file using inbuilt recovery option of FileMaker, it fails or the problem persists even after completion of the recovery process.
This a clear indication of database corruption, which needs FileMaker Pro recovery be get your significant data back.
How to Fix Corrupted Record Issue in FileMaker?
FileMaker cannot read the corrupted record and it causes problems every time you attempt to access that record. You can use any of the following solutions to cure this problem:
- The best possible solution to this problem is to omit the damaged records and move rest of the records to another database. Then you can recreate the omitted or corrupted records. It is very important to carefully identify the corrupted records and omit them to ensure successful export of healthy records.
- If you have an updated backup of the corrupted database or corrupted records, then restore from backup. This is the best possible solution to work around this issue.
- In case you do not succeed using the above methods, you have to use advanced Mac FileMaker recovery tools to get your valuable data back.
Such applications are particularly designed to ensure absolute recovery of your valuable data after database corruption. They offer efficient recovery of all your database objects with ease.